Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Just the other day, I was enjoying my lovely 40 minute commute home from the city. The train arrives at my stop, glorious SEPTA getting me home, on time....hooray..but no. The train broke down at my station. Now, this is not a problem for many SEPTA commuters, except when the station you know and love is one of those without a crossway over or under the platform - so 20+ commuters and myself are stranded. Sweet freedom is just on the other side of SEPTA's #363 - your car, the sidewalk, maybe even a loved one who went out of their way to greet you after a rough day...how sweet! Too bad. There is NO sign of activity coming from the big heap of metal. What's better - the conductors aren't acknowleding it. (Side track - why don't the say anything when CLEARLY the train aint moving anytime soon, seriously people.) My favorite moment was when one 20-something-male-yuppie (you know who you are) decided to take on the role of Mr. "I'm not waiting anymore" and cut through the train and hopped onto live tracks to get to the other side, brilliant! Except, he just earned the reputation among his fellow commuters, people you see EVERYDAY, as the jackass who basically risked getting killed, nice job - you are THE man, really, take a bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment